08 Mai 2012

a book-selling experience to Half Price Books.

April 30th, 2012 at 3:41 PM | 0 Comments

Drove to Half Price Books between Westheimer and Montrose. Gotten rid of many mystery books and horror books. What I saw was a cluster of morons who do not know jack s--- about books.
The volume was two and a half boxes. I waited 20 mins. The woman who was present the last time I have gotten rid of my books there was present. She wore the same kind of skirt she wore at the last time I saw her, long and cotton skirt which covers all of her legs. She always covers her crotch with her hands when she bends down to move books. She was very condescending to the black 'gangsta' who tried to sell the books. She gave me 25 dollars for half of the books I brought and said that she did not want the rest. At that moment, what was probable became positive, that is, none of the employees at the half-price books does not know anything about books. She did not see that what I tried to sell at the price of shit was worth a lot of money. As she said to me "Have a nice day." and I left the store, I felt nothing but contempt for those cunts and punks who have no respect for books and what they represent in human civilization.
  It depresses me whenever I enter half-price books. It is always run by imbiciles who can't even spell Shakespeare. I remember one memorable behaviour of hers. She was interested to know the price of the collection by Woody Allen. I know exactly why. She associated Woody Allen with being "cool", the most subjective word in the United States because what a bitch like that feel like enjoying at any given moment is "cool" whenever she wants and what she doesn't feel like enjoying at any given moment is "uncool" Reminds me of 1984. She was interested in the particular item because she thinks that reading Woody Allen equals with prestigiousness.
  I don't think I will ever visit any of the half-price books after today. They are morons who do not have a right to trade books. How blind I was. How blind not to see what they are worth.
 I felt liberated after disposing the books. I must focus on reading books on literary masterpiece or natural science.

Keine Kommentare: