12 Mai 2012

We Need to Talk about Kevin.

Finished it today. Captivating from start to finish. Each chapter is a futile letter from the boy's wife to the dead father. I was especially saddened by the death of the second child, a daughter who will have believed in the goodness of the humanity. The description of the hysteria and hypocrisy, hypocriSy (mnemotechnique, note it, accentuate S) of the American suburbia was thoroughly enjoyed.
  I still see the images from the movie. Excellent performance by Tilda Swinton and John C. Reilly. It's a pity that John C. Reilly does not play "dramatic role" as much as he should. I see the shot in which the father and the daughter is dead and the sprinkler is showering the grass. I thought that it is why the movie is the medium of image. I see the face of Tilda Swinton, bewildered and eyeballs moving rapidly. The filmmaker made a wise decision in leaving out many elements in the novel. I see the vast, empty living room in a beautifully designed house by the family. I see the scene where Kevin is arrested. I see the proud smile on his face. I see Tilda Swinton's face when she sees the yellow bicycle locks. And when it falls to the ground.

Keine Kommentare: