23 Mai 2012

Thoughts about memorizing French vocab.

Read B section of a French vocab. book. There are three starting points. Verb, noun, and adjectives. In case of verb, I should memorize the infinitive form and memorize whether it is regular one or not. In case of noun, I should memorize whether it is masculine or feminine. Also I should know the derivatives of the noun, e.g. verb, adj., adv., antinom, homophone. (In learning Latin, Greek, and German, I should learn whether the word is masculine, feminine, or neuter.) One way to memorize the gender of the noun is to attach the image which signifies the gender universally. Masculine nouns should have the image of penis and feminine nouns should have the image of vagina. The problem is that those images, striking at first, becomes boring if used many times. I must devise more images. In case of adj., I should memorize feminine form, masculine form, and adjective form. In memorizing the spelling, I should find the words that have similar sound in either Korean or English, make them into striking images and apply actions to them. (I don't know how to apply smell, touch, or taste because my experiences of them are narrow.
  And finding the locus large enough for the words, of course. I must seek to enlarge my "imagination".

Keine Kommentare: