15 Mai 2012

Thoughts about the meaning of life after starting American Psycho.

One thing is certain. Money does not bring happiness and I believe that the pursuit of money will not be my ultimate goal. What is the most happy life? Plato wrote about it in Gorgias. Aristotle in Ethics.
  My biggest occupation these days is that to find a woman who is not money-grubbing. Everybody knows that physicist, biologist, philosopher can never be rich. Should she and I decide have children, we must save money. My point is it is hard to find someone who is not materialistic. Not that I cry myself to sleep every night like most men because I don't have a sexual partner.
  Anyway I want to finish American Psycho as soon as possible and start Jane Eyre. The problem is the novel is boring because redundant. I want stimulation in each chapter. I want curve in the plot in Aristotelian sense. That's why We Need to Talk about Kevin was satisfying.

Keine Kommentare: